What’s happening in the District this week!
- 12 Days of Christmas at the Oval Room: From Monday to Dec. 23, the Oval Room is serving a new dish or cocktail every evening that corresponds to the lyrics of “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
This Wednesday, get educated with ENO at ENOversity: Bubbles with Thibaut-Janisson Winery. Learn about bubbles, sip on drinks, and nibble on snacks. More info here.
- Drink the District is in the Holiday Spirit! Mistletoe, merlot, and many other wines to enjoy will get just about anyone into the holiday spirit! Join us as we toast the holidays and enjoy unlimited samples of more than 100+ wines. Kick back with friends, while you enjoy chill live tunes, demonstrations on the culinary stage, a local artisan market and more! Tickets.
- One Eight is having a Christmas Cocktail party this Thursday! Your ticket includes one specialty One Eight Distilling cocktail, light appetizers from Eat & Smile Catering, and a tour of the One Eight facility.
- Washington Nationals Winterfest – December 16-17, 2017. Washington Convention Center, Washington DC. Show your team spirit and get ready for the upcoming season at a fun-filled baseball festival with select Nationals players, coaches and team personnel.
- For a truly unique experience, see Mount Vernon by candlelight,Dec. 17 between 5-8 p.m., with a character-guided tour, 18th-century dancing and fireside caroling.
- Want to get a little boozy this holiday season? Check out the U-Street Santa Crawl.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- The pop-up bar has done it again! Get there before the 31st to enjoy a winter wonderland (and drinks to match). Learn more about Miracle on 7th street here.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know!
- Get ready for a cold-snap this week! You can learn more about the cold temps here – and if you haven’t, you should pick up a cozy sweater (or 4).
- The new Wawa right by Farragut North Metro station is OPENING THIS FRIDAY! We can’t wait.
- A 25,000-square-foot space called Quarter Market will debut September 2018 at Ballston Quarter and will include a Timber Pizza and Ice Cream Jubilee. Learn more.
- Greogry’s Coffee, next to Bold Bites,just opened on 1030 19th Street. It is the second location. Now, to see which coffee shop will last longer.