What’s happening in the District this week!
- This Wednesday, December 6th, is the US Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting! Head over to the West Whitehouse Lawn to se it all lit up.
- The infamous Georgetown Glow is now a month-long celebration. It kicks off December 8th and goes through January 7th! Wander through a light and bright winter wonderland in DC’s historic neighborhood.
- Any Guy Fieri or Jose Andres fans? See them at the Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining show which kicks off Saturday, December 9th! Get tickets and more info here.
- Freer | Sackler didn’t let a few months of closure slow them down! Check out their new exhibit ‘Secrets of the Lacquer Buddah’ beginning December 9th.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- The pop-up bar has done it again! Get there before the 31st to enjoy a winter wonderland (and drinks to match). Learn more about Miracle on 7th street here.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know!
- We heard it from Popville, first. Our beloved Duke’s Grocery (seriously, we’ve written about it here, and here) is opening up a third location in FoggyBottom (the lovely, former Kinkead’s space).
- You should never drink an drive, but you can always sip and skate. Check out EaterDC’s guide to where to sip drinks while skating around town here.
- Dacha’s new location and some of the house surrounding it have been in a bitter debate since news first arose of the new 14th street location this summer. However, Dacha is coming and no one can stop it. Read more about it on Washington Post.
- RED LINE REMINDER: through Sunday, December 10 there will be no trains between Silver Spring & Fort Totten and Takoma Station is closed. More details from WMATA.