What’s happening in the District this week!
- The Downtown Holiday Market in case you missed the Thanksgiving opening…the downtown holiday market is now open, and lasts all the way until Christmas Eve Eve! It is located between 8th and F streets, right by the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Not only can you pick up some great gifts, you can also get mini doughnuts and, honestly, they had us at mini doughnuts. Open 12-8pm daily.
- The much gossiped-about Union Trust is opening Monday!! Located at 740 15th Street NW. Get more info on new drinking den (no food!) here.
- Sauf Haus isn’t just for summer happy hours. Sauf Haus Bier Hall and Garten will be hosting Open Mic Night every Tuesday, beginning at 8pm. More info.
- Come for the cookbook, stay for the cocktails. Marcella Kriebel’s second cookbook, Comida Cubana, a Cuban Culinary Journey, is having her launch party at DC’s Cotton & Reed this Thursday.
- The National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony is November 30, 2017, 5 p.m.
- This Friday, December 1st, is the Metropolitan Ballet Theatre’s 29th Annual Production of The Nutcracker! Get more details here.
- The youngest (and only female) director of Netflix show Chef’s Table. Pineapple DC will be hosting a conversation with Abby, moderated by photographer & creative director Kate Warren (@gokateshoot) December 1st to explore how women are transforming filmmaking, farming and food.
- Wandering Epicures is partnering with Small Planes Coffee to offer an exclusive exploration of coffee roasting at Small Plates Rostaery! A small coffee giftbag and learning an insane amount about coffee? Sign us up.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- Have you been wanting to see Mean Girls the musical but haven’t made it over yet? This week is your excuse! It’s ending December 3rd.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know!
- Do you take the red line? Well, it’s about to be disrupted. Saturday, November 25, and continuing through Sunday, December 10. There will be no trains between Silver Spring & Fort Totten and Takoma Station is closed. More details from WMATA.
- CityCenter’s life-size igloo is opening December 1st! This Christmas Season, it isn’t just the hanging decorations that are being transformed. At 4pm CityCenter will open a life-size ice igloo…made of 36,000 pounds of ice blocks.
- Want to take Happy Hour to the next level? Check out all the half-price bottle of wine specials in DC!