What’s happening in the District this week!
- The annual holiday show at the United States Botanic Garden, including a collection of DC landmarks made ONLY from plants, goes on view this Thursday, November 23rd.
- The Downtown Holiday Market kicks off this weekend, November 24th, and lasts all the way until Christmas Eve Eve. It is located between 8th and F streets, right by the Smithsonian American Art Museum! Not only can you pick up some great gifts, you can also get mini doughnuts and, honestly, they had us at mini doughnuts. Open 12-8pm daily.
- The Pop Up Bar makes its miraculous return with a Miracle on Seventh Street theme. Check it out from November 24th through Christmas Eve Eve.
- A DC fave, ZooLights also kicks off this Thanksgiving weekend with over 300,000 environment-friendly LED lights set to music and more!
- The (4th) Annual CityCenterDC Holiday Tree Lighting is happening November 25th, hosted by NBC4’s Eun Yang there will also be a concert, holiday activities, face painters, and more.
- This weekend, you can go ice skating in the District! The National Gallery of Art is opening its rink to the public – what better excuse to skate amongst the sculptures?
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- Have you been wanting to see Mean Girls the musical but haven’t made it over yet? This week is your excuse! It’s ending December 3rd.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know!
- No plans for Thanksgiving dinner? EaterDC has you covered. Check out their list of 20+ places to have your turkey dinner.
- Not only is the Gallery Place Regal adding beer & wine to their menu, they’re also investing into some seriously cozy looking seats.
- DC might be getting a “Night Mayor”…seriously, read it now and see if its a good fit for you.