What’s happening in the District this week!
- You might have seen some beautiful instas featuring the Subodh Gupta: Terminal. Composed of towers of brass containers connected by an intricate web of thread, Terminal converts the readymade into a glimmering landscape. Visit it at Freer | Sackler today. Learn more about the installation here.
- Estadio is throwing their second annual Halloween party on the 31st. $31 for admission and your favorite Estadio Tapas, Pintxos, Bocadillos, Montadillos & Delicious Treats – halloween costume and ghoulish cocktails included.
- Before it gets too cold, check out the after hours beer tour hosted by City Brew Tours. It’s going to include tastings and tours at breweries, beer pairings and more.
- A DC Cocktail Week Sneak Peak is being hosted at one of our favorite rooftop bars, Jack Rose. You’ll be able to sample special cocktails that are coming to the area from 5:30-7:30 on Wednesday, November 1st. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Real to Reel is a super cool event and screening where filmmakers will show their work which took five days to complete, start to finish. More details and how to buy tickets can be found on DC Shorts site.
- The DC Art Book Fair (number two) will be held this coming Saturday at the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The event will be going on all day!
- More than two hundred pieces of Buddhist art comprise this new exhibit from the Freer | Sackler Galleries...and they are only on view until the end of November. Check them all out!
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- Halloween season is almost over…but not quite yet! Check out everything that is going on the rest of October in our Halloween Guide!
- After 9 years, 1905 in Shaw has decided to close. More details here.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know!