What’s happening in the District this week!
- Tuesday, October 24th is the annual 17th Street High Heel Drag Race! The race starts at 7pm and goes until 9pm – plus, a pre-party at Cobalt. Find out more info on their Facebook Page.
- Zachys is hosting a “Wine Extraanganza” October 24th, from 4pm-8pm. The event will have tastings of 100+ wines from around the world, talks from prominent wine makers, and food from Chiko, Jose Andres, All-Purpose, and Urbani. Get tickets here.
- The infamously funny Bentzen Ball kicks off October 26th, with events through October 29th. The event is hosted by Tig Notaro. The event will feature other comedians, funny podcasts hosts, and a wide range of events. Learn more about events and figure out what you want to see first!
- Ever wanted to have lively conversations and behind the scenes info from your favorite play? Well, now you can! Have behind-the-scenes conversation with select cast members from Folger Theatre’s Antony and Cleopatra craft brews from Bluejacket Brewery and appetizers.
- On October 29 from 8:30 am – 12:00pm, the American Cancer is hosting a 5k for Breast Cancer awareness and fund raising!
- Psst. if you’re wondering about Halloween plans, check out our Halloween in the District: 2017 post!
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- Pub Dread closes towards the end of October, so stop by ASAP to get your spooky cocktail fix.
- Comedy in DC is pretty good, but the Bentzen Ball makes it better…you have until the 29th to see some great acts!
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know about!
- That new pop-ups only cafe finally opened! Check out more details on EaterDC.
- Joe & The Juice is opening in the old CVS at 15th and K!
- Now that it is finally getting chilly, check out these essential DC fireside bars to cozy up in.
- Psst. did you hear they opened up a new Sephora in Chinatown? You no longer have to trek to Georgetown to get your beauty fix!