What’s happening in the District this week!
- Murder House Party! A Renwick Gallery Opening, October 20. Murder Is Her Hobby: Frances Glessner Lee and The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death explores the surprising intersection between craft and forensic science. It also tells the story of how a woman co-opted traditionally feminine crafts to advance the male-dominated field of police investigation and to establish herself as one of its leading voices. Not to mention, it is insanely cool (get a sneak peek).
- The Wharf isn’t done introducing new stores, restaurants, and concepts! Kith and Kin will feature Chef Onwuachi’s bold Afro-Caribbean takes on goat, oxtail & seafood in a posh, modern dining room. Opening October 19th.
- That bar you’ve seen instas of left and right is called Future of Sports and it is up and running. Check it out here.
- Catch a DC classic, Boo at the Zoo, from October 20-22nd. More details.
- Hirshhorn has been on a roll these past few months and they are opening a new exhibition, What Absence is Made Of, October 18th.
- Second City is bringing “When Life Gives You Clemens” to the District from October 19th & 20th. Tickets ad more info here.
- Now that is FINALLY chilly in the district, kick off Fall at the Mount Vernon Fall Harvest Festival, October 20-21.
- Right Proper Brewing Company Shaw Brewpub is having a fall cheese festival. YES. Tickets are $45 and includes all you can eat cheese, 5 beer samples, tax and gratuity.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- It’s your lucky week – nothing big this week is closing. So, enjoy the week and don’t worry about deadlines!
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know about!
- Where will Michelin stars fall this year? Check out DCEater’s guesses.
- A U-street favorite has returned from the dead! Hana’s Japanese Market has reopened! Check it out on 17th & U.
- 19th is getting a little crowded when it comes to coffee…but maybe that’s just what the Golden Triangle needed! You can check out Bold Bite now, and Gregory’s Coffee is going right next door (but hasn’t opened).