What’s happening in the District this week!
- We’ve written about bar trivia to Harry Potter trivia, but did you know U Street favorite Songbyrd has music trivia this Monday? Learn more here.
- The Wharf Kickoff Celebration is October 12-15th. This is a highly anticipated opening, as the Wharf promises to revitalize that part of DC with new restaurants, stores, and events. There will new openings of restaurants, live music, and more.
- National Portrait Gallery wants Oktoberfest to go on just a little bit longer. Head over at 5:30pm to NPG for its Oktoberfest Remix featuring local beer form Port City Brewing, music by DJ Biz Markie, spotlight tours of Marlene Dietrich: Dressed for the Image with curator Kate Lemay; and pose in “Dietrichesque” style for your black and white photo take-away.
- At the Newseum, PEN America is releasing its latest report on fraudulent news on October 13th. It is set to be an illuminating and interesting discussion.
- Celebrate the awaited re-opening of the Freer | Sackler Smithsonian museums with IlluminAsia. The two day event will feature Asian art, food, and cultures. Learn more here.
- Join Union Kitchen on October 14th for an event featuring 50+ food and beverage businesses sampling snacks, beverages, and new and exciting products.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- The Liberty Tree restaurant will close by Halloween and the restaurant has been officially sold. You can read their official statement here.
- Oktoberfest has ended, but doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy German Beers around the district at Wundergarten, Sauf Haus, Garden District, and Dacha.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know about!
- October 12-16, 2017 begins the online lottery for tickets to the annual Christmas tree lighting. You can enter the lottery here.
- Did you know Zachys, a premier New York retailer, has come to town. According to the Post…it’s a wine store that isn’t a store at all. Huh? Keep reading.
- Chinatown Coffee Company just launched a cocktail menu. Psst. you get 10% off if you go to Georgetown Law, are in the military or work for the government. Check out the menu.