What’s happening in the District this week!
- Pub Dread kicked off this week! Head to DC’s favorite pop up bar (previously the Cherry Blossom Bar, Stranger Things Bar, and Game of Thrones Bar)
- Visit ARTECHOUSE’s newest installation and interactive exhibition: The Spirit of Autumn. On view until November 5th.
- Beginning October 3rd, The Kennedy Center is hosting Fantasy in Japan Blue. The exhibition features fabric made from natural material mounted on 115 open fans, a symbol of good fortune.
- The National Building Museum is hosting the Craft2Wear event, where limited edition clothing, jewelry and accessories from 60+ designers will be available October 5th through 7th.
- A Very Potter tavern opens its magical doors this Thursday. Head to the town tavern for a magical experience – from witchy cocktails to sorting hat shenanigans.
- The Nationals’ latest playoff run kicks off this Friday, October 6th.
- Taste of DC is this weekend, October 8th-9th. Enjoy 80 of Washington DC’s best restaurants, eateries and food trucks, a Farm-to-Fork zone, and the chance to get up close and personal with local chefs and winemakers.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- All October The National Building Museum is doing Ghost Tours…but tickets and tours fill up fast, so make sure to catch them before you miss them.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know about!
- Shaw is clearly DC’s up and coming hipster neighborhood. Don’t believe us? Have you heard about the Virtual Reality Arcade and Bar opening there this week? Learn more about Augment Arcade here.
- Have you checked out the Uniqlo pop up on F street that opened earlier this summer? It might be a good place to stock up on some fall essentials.
- Chinatown just welcomed an underground whiskey bar…and they have moonshine cocktails.