Enjoy brats and other German treats and specials at the restaurants below
- The Bird: Head to their patio patio from 3-7 on 9/23, 9/30, and 10/7 for German food and drink specials. Oh, and there is a prize for best-dressed on their closing day (10/7) so dust off your lederhosen!
- District Chophouse: Drafts and a special cask version will be available in 20oz steins, food specials will also be available!
- Ri Ra: Is it a little weird for an Irish bar to be hosting an Oktoberfest? Sure. Do we care? No. Enjoy Pretzel Chicken, Pork Schnitzel, Curry Bratwurst and German beers on September 30th from 4-7pm. For $20 bucks you can also get souvenir beer steins along with samples of beers. This special is available every day through October 2nd!
- Bistro Bohem: From potato pancakes to Yeager Schnitzel to delicious Dumpfnudel…Bistro Bohem has got you covered with German food. Enjoy their special menu through October 15th.
Bars & Beer Gardens:
Although Oktoberfest isn’t all about drinking…it’s a lot about drinking, Of course the beer gardens (re: bier gartens) are a must-visit to truly kick off Oktoberfest.
- Sauf Haus is offering a wide array of daily and weekly specials. Specials include: $8 Oktoberfest Bier Flights, 4-4oz pours of any 4 of our Oktoberfest bier selections, $8 Apfel Bombs, and $3 Jagermeister, a Jager shotski for $12, and every Saturday at 2pm shout “O’zapft is!” (it’s tapped!) every Saturday during SAUFtoberfest season. Free biers from the tapped keg while they last!
- Wunder Garten: Wunder Garten’s Annual Oktoberfest celebration kicks off Friday, September 22, at 5pm but the events go on for a lot longer and include a pig roast that Saturday. They also promise plenty of “Bavarian shenanigans”.
- Dacha: Has a lot going on and is a must-stop for your inevitable Oktoberfest crawl. As always, they’ll have their wide selection of German beer and snacks, as well as fun activities like best-dressed contests through October 3rd.
Most of these events are one day only, so make sure to plan ahead!
- Snallygaster: September 23rd ushers in a favorite annual event, Snallygaster’s Beastly Beer Jamboree! It takes place at the Yards, and begins at 1pm.
- Oktoberfest at National Harbor: Stop by on September 30th at the National Harbor for an “all you can taste” beer, traditional German street food, live music, and more. Get more info and tickets here.
- Heurich House Museum Oktoberfest: On September 30th & October 1st guests will sit on traditional Oktoberfest tables under decorated tents and will be serenaded by celebratory music, drink wonderful beer, and be served popular German food like pretzels.