What’s happening in the District this week!
- It might only be September, but did you know Oktoberfest officially begins September 16th and goes until October 2nd? Some of our favorite bars like Sauf Haus (check out their specials here) and Dacha will be celebrating with specials on food & drink, not to mention fun events. You can check out WW’s full Oktoberfest guide here.
- DC Fashion Week kicks off this Thursday September 21st and lasts until the 24th. To learn more about the designers featured and after parties, check out DC’s Fashion Week’s official website.
- One of the most popular exhibitions in all of DC, America’s Presidents at the
National Portrait Gallery, is finally re-opening after over a year and a half! Learn more about the updates and what to expect here, and check it out October 22nd.
- September 23rd ushers in a favorite annual event, Snallygaster’s Beastly Beer Jamboree! It takes place in the Yards, and begins at 1pm. Get passes & more info here.
- Art All Night, DC’s free overnight arts festival, starting at 7:00 PM on Saturday, September 23, 2017 and runs through 3am. The event features visual and performing arts like painting, photography, sculpture, crafts, fashion, music, dance, theater, film, and poetry. The event ranges from indoor to outdoor public and private spaces, including businesses. More info can be found on their website.
- DC’s very own State Fair is this weekend, September 24th! Head down to the Waterfront Station to enjoy the funnel cake – seriously, treat yo’ self.
Check out these events before they’re gone!
- Cork Wine bar is closing its location and moving its entire operation into their wine store across the street. It is now re-branding to Cork Wine Bar & Market. One major update we’re excited for? A 30-seat patio! If you want to enjoy Cork before its gone, head there in the next week or so.
- Pop-ups are wonderful, but you can’t get used to them (seriously, they’re gone in a flash). Luckily for us, EaterDC put together of must-trys (and their end dates) so you can plan to hit up all the best places.
News around the District…
Some buzz we think you might want to know about!
- A new season means lots of new restaurants opening! For example, Tulips, which replaces an old favorite – Irish Whiskey Public House, is set to open this Fall with a prix-fixe menu and an overall ~fancier~ vibe. There’s no opening date yet, but there are rumblings of early fall!
- DC is a booming city (that’s what makes it so fun!) but, there’s a downside. The Washington Post recently reported on DC’s biggest, growing problem: rats. Read the full report here.
- Have you visited the new restaurant Bresca, yet? Policy used to have the full building, but Bresca moved in downstairs. They are a bistronomy restaurant —casual fine dining.