- I’ve been reading a lot of books lately, like Evicted and $2 a Day, about America’s poor and how we often don’t realize just how bad it can be. I’ve been looking for some shorter-form stories on the issue and recently came across FastCompany’s “120 Mayors on the Issues Facing Urban America” and found it interesting, sad, and a little hopeful.
- On a slightly lighter note (okay, maybe not lighter as this is a zombie tv show) Fear the Walking Dead opened with one of the best season premiers I’ve seen of any horror or post-apocalyptic TV show. It was so good even E, who is anything BUT a lover of horror, was interested in checking it out. After slugging along in its first season, and hitting some valleys and peaks in its second, it seems like we may just be in for a ride as wild as The Walking Dead. This post contains *spoilers* so, read the review at your own risk!
- The Science of Us is pretty much my go-to website to learn interesting things about human behaviors. I feature them a lot on Weekend Reading, so chances are if you’ve clicked on some of these before…you’ve probably visited. Any way, this week there was a VERY interesting article posted…“People feel drunker if you tell them they’re drinking a vodka redbull.” Obviously this piqued my interest, what about yours?
- I have no shame admitting that I am a big Magic Mike fan. I loved the first movie and the second was equally as good (dare I say better, than the first). I am a HUGE Channing Tatum (and Jenna Dewan) fan so anything involving them and their dancing, I am into. I can’t be the only person who thinks Step Up may be one of the best movies ever…. That being said, I thought this was a fun article about why you should bring your mom to the Las Vegas show (yes you read that right).
- This article is both funny and informative. It’s about two buck chuck (everyone’s favorite affordable wine) so you should read it. I honestly learned something new and not just that the moniker is “so much more, a thread in the fabric of American identity, like liberty, equality, and subtweeting”.
- If you like to stay updated on the ever-evolving Taylor Swift-Katy Perry saga, you will enjoy this quick recap which gives an overview of the latest events. You may have noticed that Taylors music has reappeared on Spotify after years of her absence.
- While I’m not sure if this technicaaaalllly qualifies as an article, who doesn’t want to stay up-to-date on the Obamas whereabouts post-White House? If you’re interested in seeing what they’ve been up too, check this post out.