- Did you know there are scientists out there studying protests? In fact, sociologist Dana Fisher moved to D.C. for exactly that reason. And, according to her, ‘the resistance’ isn’t slowing down.
- If you’ve lived in D.C. for the past couple of years, you’ve probably noticed a lot of changes to the U street area – namely, all the gentrification. In his new book, Race, Class, and Politics in the Cappuccino City, Derek Hyra examines this gentrification and truly dives into how complicated and dynamic its history is.
- Even though this week has been a little chilly weather wise, we’re still dreaming about less dreary D.C.’s days. Use this handy guide to find the best walks in Washington, and bookmark a few for sunnier times.
- How can we address America’s huge backlogged rape kit testing? The effort is being expanded into Counting the Uncounted: The Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kit Project. Launched this month by Vanessa Nason, the project will profile individual cities to look at how they handle unprocessed and backlogged rape kits, and try to help stop the problem before it adds to the backlog.
- If you love TV, and TV news, as much as I do you’re probably hoping for a recap of all the cancellations, renewals, and news from the 2016-2017 TV season. Google no more! Check out Vox’s all-in-one summation.
- You got your dream offer, but now what? Well, you should start by trying to negotiate your salary. It’s a little intimidating, but the results are well worth it. Read some tips & tricks on how to negotiate here.
- Happy Mother’s Day Weekend! See these 10 celeb & celeb mom moments that will make you say “same.”
- Skincare is a big part of my daily routine, and it didn’t occur to me that amongst all my toners and cleansers and serums…there might be something missing. According to dermatologists, there are certain self facial massages that can get your blood flowing and lead to some great benefits, check out the techniques now.
- You just graduated – woohoo! Now it’s time for your present: loans. Here are the top 3 things you need to know about loans.