- Having an identity outside of work can be tough when you spend SO much of your time, well, working. Read the story of a recently turned 30-year old who was laid off from her much-loved job and her ups and downs of finding herself in her third decade.
- Who doesn’t want to be in a galaxy far, far away? I know I do! Check out this absolutely touching Carrie Fisher tribute. Last week was Star War’s 40th anniversary, and in a panel at the end of the event Billie Lourd, Carrie’s daughter, shared with us a powerful look at her wonderfully strong mother. You can watch the tribute here, but, be forewarned, you might tear up.
- I am, in no ways, “in the know” about beauty and typically take most of my tips from E. However, there is one thing the 2000s teeny-bopper in me can’t escape: glitter. Yes, we have highlighters and illuminators now, but there’s just something about glitter. So I turned to the bible, Vogue, for help. Check out their ideas for adult, chic ways to wear glitter.
- The Mall has been a safe haven from exorbitant parking and garage fees for years. But, that’s all about to change. As The Washington Post says, “Mall to stop being “land of the free” parking; meters are coming”. Read more about the upcoming changes to the mall.
- Since everyone loves saving money when it comes to buying beauty products and wants to get the most bang for their buck (us included). We loved this quick read from Cosmo on hacking your beauty products.
- I’m sure we’re all aware of and constantly working on our mental toughness. Because of that, I thought this was a nice to read that reiterated some habits of mentally strong people such as saying no, not dwelling on mistakes, and being positive.
- As someone who always needs to read more books, I found this read interesting considering it highlights reading books you hate. Obviously this isn’t something we typically gravitate towards but, it made some great points like refining what it is that you value.