I love samples…I mean, who doesn’t. A lot of the beauty products I try are samples from Sephora, my go-to for most things makeup or beauty related. While the majority of their products are expensive, they make-up for it in their return policy, their beauty insider club, and their samples. Out of the four that are in my regular haircare rotation, two were first discovered through Sephora
- Oui Hair Oil
- I was very excited to try this out, especially as it was created by Jen Atkin (hairstylist to the stars). While, it was good and worked, it wasn’t great. I wanted to loved it. Something was off about the consistency. However, this might just be my preference. I like my oils to be thicker, this one felt a little watery. Although the positive was that it didn’t wear my hair down and was not too greasy.
- ALTERNA Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil
- This oil was/is great. I’ve found that it works best on wet hair (and ends). It adds the moisture back in that is typically lost once the hair dries completely. I use a quarter sized amount (I have super long hair) when I get out of the shower. It cuts down on frizz and seems to work better when you brush your hair out first and then use the oil.
- Moroccan Oil
- A classic (and staple) in pretty much every hair salon and women’s cabinet. It works well, the travel-sized bottle is perfect for your purse or traveling. It works well wet and dry (big plus) and is non-greasy (except when used on the roots). My good friend Ebony gave me some great insight that this is also “a multicultural oil that tends to do well with any texture of hair”. I have found that you need to be careful how much you use since a little goes a long way and aim for the ends of your hair.
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse MULTI-USAGE DRY OIL
- One that I’ve mentioned on the blog before, the Nuxe oil, is the best all-use oil I’ve found. It’s great because you can use it on your hair, body, face, etc. after showering which never lets any go to waste. It smells great and is the perfect consistency, not too thick, not too runny and brings the frizz factor down while still keeping curls intact.