- The Hairpin did a wonderful deep dive on bucking a ‘normal’ convention – giving a child the man’s last name. Check out their article, ‘What Happened When We Gave Our Daughter My Last Name’ to learn how this seemingly simple decision was fraught with critique.
- Snapchat just cashed in with one of the biggest IPOs in recent time. It opened its public shares at $24 a piece, and the company is now valued at $30 billion dollars. But will it be able convert its highly engaged base of users into massive global audience? Read this to find out more about Snap’s IPO and predicted future.
- Yelp just very publicly supported the transgender community in a simple way. Now, Yelp will let users know if establishments have gender-neutral bathrooms. Learn how you can help extend this new feature here.
- As the weather in DC becomes increasingly unpredictable, it’s hard not to plan a trip somewhere else. The Thrillist is my go-to for quick inspiration on the next destination to add my ever-growing list of vacation destinations. Check out the best places to take a big trip in 2017.
- The Glitter Guide just published a quick and easy beginners guide to meditation. After the new year, most resolutions revolve around fitness, eating healthy, and staying active but mental health can often fall to the side. Sometimes a quick reminder to check in and take some time to center yourself is exactly what you need.
- In this day and age, technology is ruling the world. Although that is not necessarily a negative, this is a great read on telling secrets or sending secure information in a digital age. Learn more about how anonymous tips are sent to The New York Times.